Breast Lift: Restore Youthful Perkiness to Your Breasts
For many women it’s not the size of their breasts that is bothersome…it is the shape. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, gravity and weight loss take a toll on the perkiness of breasts over time. The result is sagging, flattened breasts that cannot be corrected by breast implants.
Dr. David Allison uses breast lift procedures to help restore perkiness and renew your breast confidence. You can look through our gallery of before-and-after photos of past breast lift patients, but know that every woman will have her own unique anatomy and surgical results. We can help you determine if a breast lift will help you achieve the look you desire.
What to Expect with Breast Lifts
- General anesthesia or sedation is administered.
- An incision is made to allow access to the breast tissue. The incision location will depend on the extent of lift needed: around the areola (donut lift), vertically to the breast fold or vertically and crescent-shaped for the most significant alterations.
- Excess skin is removed and the breast tissue is reshaped. The nipple is repositioned and areola size is minimized, if necessary.
- The incisions are closed and the breasts are wrapped in a bandage to minimize swelling and promote healing. A tube to remove excess blood or fluid may be inserted temporarily.
Breast Lift Recovery
Expect to rest at home for 1-2 weeks. Your breasts may remain sore, swollen and bruised for several weeks; wearing a special support bra will aid in healing. Avoid strenuous activity and smoking until your breasts are completely healed.
Breast Lift Risks
A breast lift will not increase your breast size. In fact, your breasts may appear slightly smaller due to the removal of excess skin. However, firmness will be restored. There are some risks associated with having this surgery:
- Dissatisfaction with breast size
- Sensation loss
- Anesthesia complications
These risks can be minimized by choosing an experienced and well-trained surgeon and having regular exams to monitor any changes in your breasts. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and weight will also help your breast lift results last longer.
A breast lift is often combined with breast augmentation surgery to increase the size and perkiness of the breasts.
To learn more about breast lifts in Gainesville, VA, and to find out if you could benefit from this popular procedure, contact us to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation.