Vaginal Plastic Surgery
The effects of vaginal childbirth and aging can leave a woman’s vaginal area loose, causing embarrassment or difficulty and even pain during intercourse. Labiaplasty is female rejuvenation surgery that improves the appearance and function of the external vaginal and vulvar structures by the removal of excess tissue.
What Labiaplasty Can Correct
The labiaplasty procedure can:
- Alter the shape of the labia (vaginal lips)
- Make the labia smaller and tighter
- Correct asymmetry
- Reduce self-consciousness during intimacy
- Relive physical discomfort
The labiaplasty procedure is performed under general or local anesthesia. Board certified vaginal plastic surgeon Dr. David Allison will make an incision in the vaginal area to remove excess tissue and re-sculpt the labia.
Women should expect to recover from labiaplasty for 1-2 weeks. To facilitate healing, you should follow Dr. Allison’s strict instructions which will include:
- Avoiding smoke and second-hand smoke for at least 2-4 weeks
- Washing the incision area
- Wear loose clothing that will not irritate the incision
- Applying antibiotic creams as directed
- Avoiding strenuous activities, including heavy lifting, for several weeks
- Waiting at least 6 weeks before resuming sexual activity
Risks of Labiaplasty
As with any surgery, labiaplasty carries some element of risk including:
- Sensation changes
To learn more about vaginal surgery in Northern Virginia, contact us to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation to find out if vagina tightening is right for you.